Friday, July 25, 2008

When life hands you some lemons..... toss them to the side and hang out with your mom!

Those are the words I find myself saying today. I have the best mom ever. She knew that I was having some stress with getting stuff ready for school and also knew that Aug. was going to be pretty tough for me. She took the day off work to hang out with me. She always knows what to do and say to make me either feel better or not think of anything but having fun with her. We have a special relationship. We've always been friends and mother/daughter. I know some say you can't be friends with your parents but I wasn't proof of that. I always wanted to make my mom smile and never upset her so I tried to stay out of trouble. She is very opposite from me and I think that's why she gets me.

Today we went out to see my dad and have lunch with him. He loves having family time and really liked that we came to visit him. Then we wandered around some cute antique shops and a really cute boutique. We just talked and talked. About everything. Never a quiet moment with me and my mom. Then we came back into town and did some bargin shopping. She always spoils me and gets me things but just having her with me is the best present of all. I adore her and everyone knows that we just have a special bond between us. I never see that going away which is wonderful. I truly thank God that she is my mom as well as my friend :) Thanks for the day mom, you'll never know how much I really needed it and enjoyed our girl time!



Me and My mom

3 comments:

Emma Kirby said...

I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a great daughter -- but I'm so glad I have her!!!

John and Brooke said...

What a sweet little post, Mary! I love that you blog on a more regular basis :) I click on your link every day now!

Katie said...

She's a WONDERFUL aunt too!!!